I love the colors and flavours of fall. Apples, cinnamon and of course pumpkin. When I was trying to come up with an amazing recipe to show case the creamy, smooth taste of Almond Breeze it really wasn’t much work at all. That delicate almond flavour pairs perfectly with pumpkin and the punchy pumpkin spices. Most people who already use almond milk know how well it goes with oatmeal. And since pumpkin lattes are back in season you can save your self a trip to the fancy coffee shop and enjoy this super easy to make, and much healthier, pumpkin latte dish right at home. The other wonderful thing about this recipe is how simple it is to make. You just throw everything in the slow cooker at night and wake up to the most amazing smell!
- 2 cups of steel cut oats
- 7 cups of water
- 2 cups of Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filler)
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of ground flax seed (optional)
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray or coat lightly with butter. Add the oats and the water. Mix the instant coffee with the almond milk and add to the slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and put the lid on the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours. Stir, serve and enjoy!
- Top with your favorite toppings - pecans, brown sugar, raisins, etc.
Almond Breeze in place of milk can really elevate you recipes to the next level. Of course it’s perfect for those that have dairy or lactose issues but you don’t have be sensitive to milk to still enjoy this tasty alternative. And most of us know by now that almonds are packed full of nutrients that make them super healthy. Almond Breeze has a full line up of products. Whether you are cooking up a recipe or just like to drink it straight up there is the perfect product for everyone. You can check it all out on their website.